This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Half choke

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rsylvain
10+ Years
10+ Years

Half choke

Postby rsylvain » Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Fixed the stuck exhaust valves. Crimped the valve cover gasket in lower corner having a leak while running. Took manifold off, removed valve cover to fix gasket. Next day I started and ran for a bit then found the need to run set half choke and throttle lever doesn't seem to bring up RPM. Appears the linkage is in same spot as prior. Could I have bumped messed up the adjustment screws on carb. Taking it off. Any suggestions?

No leak atvslve now. Just not running well.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Half choke

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 22, 2015 10:54 am

Not likely that you did anything to the carb. A couple of issues are possible. If you have to choke it to get it to run you either have air infiltration (gasket leak on intake surfaces) or fuel blockage.
Also, any time you remove the carb or manifold you need to re-adjust the governor to carb linkage.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: Half choke

Postby tmays » Fri May 22, 2015 11:07 am

Agree with Bigdog. Also, some of these bowl gaskets are prone to deteriorate or shrink letting air in
Thomas

Return to “Farmall Cub”