This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

voltage regulator id.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leeboy50cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15717

voltage regulator id.

Postby leeboy50cub » Mon May 11, 2015 9:33 pm

the reg on my dads 47 cub has no markings, had the generator rebuilt nd want to polorize it. but dont know wich termnals to hook up to.theres 3 0n one side and only one onthe other, any help or ideas would be appriciated.. thanks lee..

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: voltage regulator id.

Postby Bigdog » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Typically the battery terminal is the center terminal on the side with 3 lugs. You can verify this by tracing that wire back to the ammeter. The Gen terminal should be the single side lug. Jumper these two.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Re: voltage regulator id.

Postby DickB » Tue May 12, 2015 7:29 am

leeboy50cub wrote:the reg on my dads 47 cub has no markings, had the generator rebuilt nd want to polorize it. but dont know wich termnals to hook up to.theres 3 0n one side and only one onthe other, any help or ideas would be appriciated.. thanks lee..

Lee,

Did someone local rebuild the generator? Or did you send it out...or? $$$? I am probably heading toward a rebuilt generator and would like to know. I see that someone sells armatures (~$60-70) on eBay, but would not know how to go about it, and wouldn't know if that's all that's involved in rebuilding. Armature? Brushes? And...?

BTW, polarized the existing generator yesterday. What I did, and I think this was covered in some previous posting by others, was to get just a spark to one side of the connector used for polarizing. Keeping on long time isn't good, as I recall.

I'm slowly working my way through the checklist #8 that covers "not charging."

Return to “Farmall Cub”