This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

French Cub Carbs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ledhead
10+ Years
10+ Years

French Cub Carbs

Postby Ledhead » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:57 am

I have taken the carb off my French Cub. It needs some work doing to it and I need a rebuild kit or at least a new float and some gaskets. Problem is its a SOLEX carb - not the same as the ones fitted on the American Cubs. I have contacted Tom at TM Tractor Parts but he didnt have to rebuild his. Any of you guys any ideas as to where to source parts or if any of the American parts are interchangable?? Perhaps an American carb might fit?? PatBretagne gave me a source in France but I've looked at the website and not being a very good French speaker I find it difficult to work out! HELP!! :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:26 am

Want me to contact him? Or I could contact our local Case IH dealer to see if he can help with the references from the French parts book? Give me the number of the solex i'll see what can be done, otherwise try Case IH in UK the part no's are as follows,
Joint between carb body and carb top 756827 R1
Float 756 825 R91
Carb to Manifold 251 235 R1
They are the most important I think
Let me know,
Best wishes
Pat

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:42 am

maybe you can fix it by yourself:

if the float is punctured, try to boil it in water (to evaporate gas still inside of it) and then fix it with "JB WELD" (epoxy glue).

the gasket can be easely redone with gasket paper. (that's what I've done for mine). It works as well as original.

the harder would be to find a new main jet.

hope I helped you.
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

Ledhead
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ledhead » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:54 am

:D Thanks both of you for your replies. I am contacting the local IH dealer today. Failing that I may try repairing the float or get back onto you Pat for some help contacting the guy in France. I have since found that the choke has a home-made spring on it that doesn't work very well so I may also need to locate one of those! CHEERS !!!

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:35 am

Ledhead wrote: I have since found that the choke has a home-made spring on it that doesn't work very well so I may also need to locate one of those! CHEERS !!!

What sort is it, a round tree or four turns or a flat one, if the latter be careful that it doesn't foul the operating lever.
Give me a "Private Message" if you want to chat and I'll send you my phone number,
Pat

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:46 pm

I have rebuilt quite a few of the Solex
Carbs on French Cubs. If I remember right I did the one on Tom's tractor when I owned it.
The gaskets I made myself. The needle and seat is all in one unit.
I found a foreign car repair shop here that had a drawer full of the needle/seat assemblies. They were left over from repairing Renault car carbs. They screwed right in and worked perfectly.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”