IH C2 mower parts

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Clip
Cub Star!
Cub Star!
Zip Code: 28479
Circle of Safety: Y

IH C2 mower parts

Postby Clip » Wed May 06, 2015 9:12 am

I'm gearing up to start going through a recently acquired C2 mower (thanks Boss!) and had a few questions on parts. Called C&G for prices on clutch pins and springs as it looks like this is missing one, might just be gummed up in the housing. Pins (474031R1) are currently $29 and springs (474032R1) are around $4, are the pins a standard size I'm able to order from McMaster a little cheaper? Anyone have the dimensions?

Blades (474025R1) and bushings (474026R1) seem to be about the same price everywhere, $60-65, but I might as well pick up a spare set before they go up in price much more.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: IH C2 mower parts

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed May 06, 2015 9:26 am

Clip, I can't give you dimensions on the pins but will offer this. I couldn't get any of the three out on mine even after repeatedly spraying with penetrant. They were depressed below the surface and offered nothing to grab a hold of. Ended up locating the holes on the other side, drilling a small hole and using a punch to drive them out. After clean up all were reusable. The holes I drilled were filled with JBWeld.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Clip
Cub Star!
Cub Star!
Zip Code: 28479

Postby Clip » Wed May 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Bob, thanks for that tip on the holes. I finally got to remove the pulley with little trouble (some heat on the spindle-deck bolts helped) and found the fourth pin jammed flush with the pulley. I was able to remove the other three with no problems and started to soak the fourth with Kroil. On my pulley there were thru holes drilled in line with each pin bore. I got in there with a dental pick and cleaned the crud out, a quick tap with a punch and the pin was free. Soaking in carb cleaner now and the pulley will get scrubbed down before they get greased and reinstalled.

twobadurina
Zip Code: 28326

Postby twobadurina » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:27 pm

OOps try Messicks with part number 474025R1, that's better! I just google search 474025R1 and got Messicks site.