This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I can't believe I did that, but

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

I can't believe I did that, but

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:17 pm

I did. :oops: I had to replace the rear main engine seal in my cub I plow, mow, and til with, but when I got it done and all back together it was not charging. Used it that way for a couple days and then pumped gasoline out of tank and removed the tank so I could trouble shoot the problem. I had noticed the F stud of the generator turned a little when I removed the wire, so was expecting that to be the problem. As soon as the hood was clear I realized the wiring on the cutout did not look right. A cutout has 3 terminals, but in normal circumstances, only 2 of them are used, the BAT and the Gen terminals. The F terminal is only used if you have an engine that has a charging system but no lights, such as a cub that was ordered with starter only, or a power unit such as used on a combine or baler. If it is a regulator the F terminal wires to the F of the generator, but on a cutout the F terminal is not used. I had installed the BAT lead on the F terminal of the cutout rather than on the Bat terminal. Luckily no harm was done and all I had to do was move the lead. I did polarize the generator just to be on the safe side.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ben B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I can't believe I did that, but

Postby Ben B » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

I thought that I was the only one who did stuff like this! Only problem is, when I do a dumb thing, I panic trying to figure out what I did and fix two or three things that didn't need fixing before I find out what was really wrong! :roll:

It's only getting worse the older I get... :oops:
1950 Farmall Cub post demo 108xxx
1964 Farmall Cub 6 volt 223xxx
1968 Fairmont Railroad Motor Car 2 cycle hit and miss single cylinder

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I can't believe I did that, but

Postby staninlowerAL » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Ben B wrote:It's only getting worse the older I get... :oops:

I know the feeling...CRS for sure, but at least it's an excuse!!! :lol: :lol:
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Return to “Farmall Cub”