This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'51 Cub Power Issues

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AgTires4295
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20646
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall A
1947 Farmall H
1951 Farmall Cub
1970 Cub Cadet 127
1970 Simplicity Broadmoor 728 (x2)
1984 Cub Cadet 782
1964 Simplicity Landlord
2014 Simplicity Broadmoor 23/50

Re: '51 Cub Power Issues

Postby AgTires4295 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:13 am

Scrivet wrote:
AgTires4295 wrote:........... I then squirted the Seafoam and at one point, the engine started to knock! This scared the heck out of me so I immediately backed off. What was making that horrible knock??? Was that the engine beginning to hydrolock from the Seafoam spray??..............
My opinion is there is no way you can get enough Seafoam into the engine to hydrolock it and it keep running. I use a spray bottle that mists the spray and direct it into the carb. I can kill the engine with enough of that mist spray, not because there's to much liquid but because the air to fuel ratio gets to far off to burn. I personally wouldn't let a short lived knock bother me especially during a "breathing treatment". Just go hummm, mumble "that's odd" and only be concerned if/when it reoccurs.

Well Im incredibly relieved that everyone responding feels that it'll be okay. I'm hoping I can rid the slight oil burning and have it run that much better from the treatment while it sits. Cant wait to get back out to it! Thanks for the responses!
1940 Farmall A
1947 Farmall H
1951 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: '51 Cub Power Issues

Postby Scrivet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 pm

AgTires4295 wrote:.... I'm hoping I can rid the slight oil burning and have it run that much better from the treatment while it sits........
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but just dumping the seafoam in the tank isn't going to help the rings. It needs the snot worked out of it after adding the seafoam. I also wouldn't worry about "slight oil burning". It doesn't take very much actual oil to make a lot of smoke. When you can't see where to drive through the smoke, you can't breathe when the wind blows the exhaust back in your face, and you're using more oil than gas then it's time to THINK :D about a rebuild.

Return to “Farmall Cub”