This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 54A Blade Part

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub 54A Blade Part

Postby Peter Person » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 pm

I replaced my worn out cutting edge this afternoon with one of my son Aron's fancy plasma cut edges. While tightening various bolts and nuts on the whole assembly I came across a really loose bolt.
P/N 650 283 R2 Bushing, Tie Plate is completely worn out. Messick's has them for $3.87 plus shipping.
The bolt is easy, 5/8"-11 NC x 2" plus a 5/8" lock washer. I can't find the nut listed in the Parts Manual but it does not appear to be anything special.

Has anybody made the Bushing? Any sketches of what it should look like?

Thanks,
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Re: Cub 54A Blade Part

Postby Criswell » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 am

It is just a plain steel bushing with a 0.625" ID and a 0.875" OD if I am remembering correctly from when I did my blade. I do not recall what the length was/is at the moment. When I had redone my blade, the bar that this bushing goes through had to be replaced and it was done with a thicker dimension stock, making the original size bushing ineffective. I had replaced it with a bronze flange bushing and a thrust washer on the other side. You want to tighten down on the bushing, not the frame, this way the frame can pivot when you need it to do so.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 am

Peter, I measured the length on mine at .68". Same ID and OD as Criswell.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:59 pm

I may have some stock for that. I either bought some steel tube or used black iron pipe that was the correct size. I'll check in the shop after I have my coffee.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:23 am

Peter Person wrote:I replaced my worn out cutting edge this afternoon with one of my son Aron's fancy plasma cut edges. While tightening various bolts and nuts on the whole assembly I came across a really loose bolt.
P/N 650 283 R2 Bushing, Tie Plate is completely worn out. Messick's has them for $3.87 plus shipping.
The bolt is easy, 5/8"-11 NC x 2" plus a 5/8" lock washer. I can't find the nut listed in the Parts Manual but it does not appear to be anything special.

Has anybody made the Bushing? Any sketches of what it should look like?

Thanks,
Peter

I have about a foot of that stock. You are welcome lop off what you need to fit.

Return to “Farmall Cub”