This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1948 Cub NOT Stored and Running Good: Pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jimmymike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37380
Tractors Owned: 2007 John Deere 3203
1948 Farmall Cub

1948 Cub NOT Stored and Running Good: Pictures

Postby Jimmymike » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:58 am

Here's some pictures of the 1948 Cub you guys helped me get running again. With all your help she is back to life right here the first of Spring. The problem is I really don't have anything to work it hard other than pulling a trailer or my log splitter. But she is purring like a kitten and I think she likes being out again (e.g.; she was stored for several years and not running.). Had her and the John Deere out this morning splitting good old hickory and red oak for next year. Thanks again for all your help and mentoring. I would have made some bad mistakes if you guys hadn't steered me in the right direction getting her back to life.

HPIM0920.JPG
Attachments
HPIM0928.JPG
HPIM0925.JPG
HPIM0921.JPG
HPIM0924.JPG
HPIM0922.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1948 Cub NOT Stored and Running Good: Pictures

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Nice pair of tractors. Glad to hear the Cub is up and running again.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks for posting. It's good to hear when things work out. Looks like someone made their own block ties utilizing the tool bar bracket under the bolster. That may be a bit troublesome if you ever want use a cultivator or a front mount push blade. If not then that works fine. There are other configurations of it that would free up the tool bar bracket. The Cub is looking good. :coffee:
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:39 pm

That was the best way to thank these guys. They like pictures.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Jimmymike
5+ Years
5+ Years
1948 Farmall Cub

Postby Jimmymike » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Smokeycub wrote:Thanks for posting. It's good to hear when things work out. Looks like someone made their own block ties utilizing the tool bar bracket under the bolster. That may be a bit troublesome if you ever want use a cultivator or a front mount push blade. If not then that works fine. There are other configurations of it that would free up the tool bar bracket. The Cub is looking good. :coffee:

I don't know the history behind this Cub other than the Gentleman I bought it from brought it from Kansas when he moved to TN about 30 years ago. His memory is not as good as it once was and he too could not remember any history of the Cub. What would be your guess why someone welded the "block ties" in this configuration?

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:05 pm

The only bad thing in that pic is that green and yellow thing behind it. But at least the JD knows where it belongs. But I must say you did a wonderful job on her, she looks great. One of these days, mine will look that good.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

Jimmymike
5+ Years
5+ Years
1948 Farmall Cub

Postby Jimmymike » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:13 am

leerenovations wrote:The only bad thing in that pic is that green and yellow thing behind it. But at least the JD knows where it belongs. But I must say you did a wonderful job on her, she looks great. One of these days, mine will look that good.

I can't take credit for the way she looks all I did was bring her back to life. The tractor was restored many years ago and then stored for more than 8 years when it quit running. I bought the tractor "as is" and all I did was do a fuel system cleaning, a complete tune-up, and washed her off. With the help of many contributors to this forum I was able to take their knowledge and put life back into the tractor. Because the previous owner was really sad when I loaded it to bring to my home I offered to sell it back to him for just the money I have in it but, his family overruled.

Return to “Farmall Cub”