Got my new Mower, and my UShip Experience

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BWP
Zip Code: 49120
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1984 Case 448
1982 Case 446

Got my new Mower, and my UShip Experience

Postby BWP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks for everyone's input about this mower I was eyeing up:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87703

I decided to go ahead and purchase the mower. It was in northern Wisconsin and I am in SW Michigan, so shipping was going to be an issue. I checked into Fastenal, they wanted $180 from their store in Wausau area to my area store and then the dealer was going to charge me to deliver it to fastenal.

I ended up using Uship.com and really had a good experience. For those who have never heard of Uship, its a website where you list your shipment, its location, and your pick-up/drop-off window and people bid on the shipment. The first few bids were pretty high but gradually got lower and lower. Finally, a guy gave me a $110 bid (plus $20 Uship fees) which I accepted on Monday night. He picked up the mower yesterday afternoon and delivered it this morning. We was already towing a small boat from N. Wisconsin and would be passing through my area. They just loaded the deck (palletized) into the back of his f-150...He had also picked up some Porsche seats that he was also delivering to the detroit area. All and all I'd suggest UShip.com to anyone needed to ship larger items. I'm sure experiences vary with different carriers. As far as payment goes, you pay Uship the full amount which they hold it in escrow until you release the money after you receive your shipment.

The mower seems pretty solid, its in really good shape other than surface rust. Spindle feels solid and ORC is functioning. Plus, all the parts made it with the shipment :{_}:

Finally, a big thanks to Ricky Racer, who used his "cheap and dirty" boom (see pic) to help move the mower back to my quonset hut.

Now its time to replace the front and rear seals on the cub so I don't coat my "new" mower in oil...although the oil may slow down the corrosion on the deck 8)
Attachments
CDB.jpg

Dieselrider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16656
Tractors Owned: 1977 Cub 184 Lowboy
1979 John Deere 2640
2013 Kubota L3800 TLB
1949 International Cub

Re: Got my new Mower, and my UShip Experience

Postby Dieselrider » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:44 am

I have had a good experience with u-ship as well. We purchased a diesel John Deere Gator out of Georgia and had a real nice fella deliver it here to PA at a cheaper price than I could have gone and picked it up myself for. Very pleased with the service.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm

After inspecting the Woods mower you bought, I must say, you got a great deal. :{_}: Doing some shipping investigation and coming up with UShip is what made the deal come about. I'd never heard of UShip before you explained this to me. I would have never guessed that you could get the mower deck shipped to you for a little over $100. I would have looked at that purchase as not doable if I couldn't get someone to help get it to me through the Cub Express. Now that I know about UShip and your good experience using it, I may start expanding my searches for tractor treasure. :-:-): Thanks for sharing.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

leerenovations
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby leerenovations » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:03 pm

I might be the dumb one here, but I couldn't figure out how to use Uship. I watch shipping wars all the time, but when I tried to get something delivered no one bit on it.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.