This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anyone Come Up With a Good Temp. Gas Tank?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
56cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15057
Circle of Safety: Y

Anyone Come Up With a Good Temp. Gas Tank?

Postby 56cub » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has a good set up for a temporary or possibly temporary to permanent gas tank. I ask because the tank on my Cub has rust on the inside and also a small pin hole or two. At this time I don't have want to try to clean the tank because the hood isn't in the best shape either. I plan to eventually buy another good hood/tank but until that happens I need something for gas so I can use the tractor. Thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: Anyone Come Up With a Good Temp. Gas Tank?

Postby Eugene » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85355&p=681122&hilit=ugly+cub#p681122

I don't know about temporary to permanent. Most folks just a pony/temporary tank to test the engine.
I have an excuse. CRS.

56cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 56cub » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 pm

That tank set up might work for me. I say temp perm because I would like to be able to use the tractor again, sooner than later. With my new work schedule I don't know when I will have the time to track down and buy another hood/tank so I would like something that will work well and hold up under use.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Here's what I use, Matt. I picked it up, used, at a small equipment repair shop. If I remember correctly, it came off a tiller or a snow blower. It's been a while. :D

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

56cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 56cub » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Here's what I use, Matt. I picked it up, used, at a small equipment repair shop. If I remember correctly, it came off a tiller or a snow blower. It's been a while. :D

Thanks, I like that set up a little better. When I get some time I'll dig through all of my crap to see if I have a tank I can make work and go from there.

That tank you have is actually a Lawnboy mower. It's from a homeowner version of their commercial mower.

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53105
Tractors Owned: '57 cub Loboy
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:27 pm

I made my set up to be outside the tractor so I can work on just about anything, and take the hood on and off as needed. It would make a "permanent" tank, but maybe a little small. What ever you do, I suggest it have a shut off valve, filter, and be very secure.

DSCF6014 (640x417).jpg
Attachments
DSCF6016 (640x478).jpg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:29 pm

With a one gallon temporary fuel tank you will be stopping to top off the tank about every half hour.

I use a 5 gallon out board motor fuel tank, but it's for shop work only and sits on the tractor seat.

Brewzalot's set up is very nice.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”