This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pesky Left Brake Pedal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cub67
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44601
Tractors Owned: 55 Cub
67 Cub
45 JD A
Circle of Safety: Y

Pesky Left Brake Pedal

Postby cub67 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am

IMG_20150312_190002_917_opt.jpg
It has finally warmed up enough for me to continue on my Cub tear down. I was at a stand still with the left brake pedal. I have been soaking it all winter with penetrant. Well, I remembered seeing a post on here where someone made a puller out of a piece of square tubing. I can't remember who though. Well I made a sketch and machined one out of a scrap piece of steel in my shop. That pedal came right off. I could not belive it! If anyone else is having a lot of trouble with one I would be happy let them use it as well. I am now working on a puller for the right pedal. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have one for that but in the meantime I am happy to have the platform off so I can keep cleaning up parts. I am hoping to have the finals off this weekend.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Re: Pesky Left Brake Pedal

Postby bob in CT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Nice!

cub.bub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 46628
Tractors Owned: 55 cub, 54a blade, (2) woods L59 mower...Allis Chalmers CA
1965 International 140, 60" grader blade.

Postby cub.bub » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Nice Job, I like to see creative ingenuity at work, more so when it works! :lol:

OK....I'll bite, what is different about the puller from left side to right side?
Bruce.

cub67
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44601
Tractors Owned: 55 Cub
67 Cub
45 JD A

Postby cub67 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:53 pm

As I said I can't take full credit for the design but it did work very well. The right side pedal "puller" will have to be a little longer. It will have to grab outside of the pivot point welded to the platform and push the pedal shaft in that direction. The geometry of the bracket may prove a little tricky to get a good bite on. The left pedal has clearance so the puller clamped right around the pedal base and the bolt pushed the shaft out. More than likely the right side puller will be very similar but with a longer throat. Hopefully I will have an idea for it this weekend as I want to start getting another load ready for sandblasting.

Return to “Farmall Cub”