This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Crank Seal/ sleeve

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CraigKennedy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28430

Front Crank Seal/ sleeve

Postby CraigKennedy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Hey yall, today I got my front pulley sleeve in, SKF 99187 and installed it on my crank pulley, I originally ordered 99193 and it was too big for the pulley.
Along with the good sleeve the napa guy ordered CR 18580. I had actually ordered this same seal without the wear sleeve from TM last week, I did not know of the groove problem yet.
I looked online at some wear sleeve kits for the Cub and they come with National 470455.
These seals are not exactly the same, the inside of CR 18580 is 1.8752, and the inside of National is 1.937, the seals do not substitute for each other.
The wear sleeve on the crank now measures 1.894, CR 18580 seems to fit better, anybody else used this set of sleeves and seals?

Thanks for the input
-Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front Crank Seal/ sleeve

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Craig, I've spent a few minutes online trying to find the optimum difference between the shaft OD and the seal ID. Can't find it. Maybe one of the machinists or engineers on the Forum can tell you if the .019 difference the smaller seal exhibits is correct.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”