This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Express Idea Stolen

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Express Idea Stolen

Postby 1541 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:08 am

Someone has stolen the Cub Express idea and is now charging for it:

Say hello
To the first neighbor-to-neighbor shipping network

https://www.roadie.com/
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Cub Express Idea Stolen

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 am

I wonder if they have yet had one of their "roadies" get in an accident and had his insurance company find out after the fact that he was carrying something for a fee? Better yet, have him out of his home state when it happens.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 am

Jim is right about that. Insurance companies dig pretty deep these days and will flat out deny any claim if they find out you receive payment for hauling anything.

I was at a swap meet several year ago when a sudden gust of wind took my canopy for a ride over the hood of some guys brand new truck parked nearby. My insurance company first denied my claim for over $3,000.00 because they said I was using the canopy for a business selling auto parts. It took me almost a month to convince them what a swap meet was.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:35 am

I don't see where they, "officially" charge a fee. It's probably an informal peer to peer. Looks like there's some big money behind the phone app though. I see an issue when that antique chandelier you sent via a roadie got damaged, or, "misplaced....when I stopped for gas". :shock: There's got to be some form of liability somewhere in this day and age. IMHO....it's just as easy and much safer to use UPS or Fedex. Perhaps there will be a day when individuals who have a preplanned trip with some room will sub out their trunk or truck bed to UPS or FDX.....maybe this is a precursor. Much like our postal carriers out in the rural areas.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Harold R wrote: "misplaced....when I stopped for gas".

Harold has a very valid point. That's one of the problems with dealing with strangers. You don't know where your stuff will end up. Now with Cub express, I see it a bit differently. It seems like most of us know each other even though many of us have never met and are willing to have a stranger pick up an implement for us. I don't mind helping with gas if someone brings anything in for me, If there is an accident during a Cub Express and my item is damaged or destroyed I wouldn't feel right holding the person responsible and I sure wouldn't want them to admit they were hauling my item for pay. It keeps their insurance company off their back. After all, I am getting a great service whether I pay a little or not.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Doodle
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47923
Tractors Owned: International, Case IH

Postby Doodle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:30 pm

It is an interesting idea but has all the downfalls as mentioned. However the Cub Express worked flawlessly for me due to the fine people involved. A big Thank You to Dale Finch, Barnyard, Steve Butram and anyone else involved in the transport of my Sickle Mower to and from DSCF. The Cub Express cannot be beat and is a very effective way of putting items in people's hands that otherwise would not be feasible. Cub Express is a unbeatable idea and I hope I can do it for someone else someday.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 pm

The cub express isn't free the man moving our parts does buy gas. It's good to give them some gas money.
The guys here on the forum who run the cub express are awesome.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.