This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

GASKETS

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

GASKETS

Postby superc_1 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:46 am

I'M STARTING TO PUT TOGETHER THE MOTOR ON MY CUB AND SOME OF THE GASKETS AND SEALS LOOK DIFFERENT. ARE THERE ANY PICS THAT SOMEBODY HAS TAKEN SHOWING ANYTHING? MY REAR OIL SEAL LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN MY NEW ONE. DOES THE LITTLE METAL SPRING GO TOWARD THE ENGINE OR TOWARD THE TRANS? MAYBE IN THE FUTURE SOMEBODY CAN TAKE PICS OF SHOWING HOW ALL THE GASKET GO? DO YOU USE ANY THING LIKE INDIAN HEAD GASKET SEAL OR COPPER SPRAY OR JUST PUT THEM ON DRY? PLEASE HELP! AND THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

wwirz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wwirz » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:26 pm

You should reveiew all of the forum dialogue on how to properly install the rear seal. What ever you do, do not install it dry. What you need is permetex Hi-tmp available froma NAPA store. Make sure the seal and housing are dry. Run a bead of this sealant around the OD of the seal. and press it into the housing. YES THE LIP FACES THE ENGINE!! Next "peen" the housing to hold the seal in. Apparently the newer seals are slightly smaller than the original equipment.

I struggled with this seal three times before I got it right! Good luck!