Shifter Fork Rod Removal

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
capecodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Shifter Fork Rod Removal

Postby capecodcub » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello all
Been a while since I was on here, but need some help. For a while now, when I put my Cub in reverse, it would pop out or grind. Took the shifter off today and realized where the shifter ball goes into that linkage, it is broken from the part that actually slides the gear into place. I can weld it and make it work, but need to remove the rod that the linkage slides on. Any help on getting the reverse rod out would be much appreciated.
Thanks
David Svarczkopf

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Shifter Fork Rod Removal

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:56 pm

To remove the shifter fork, you only need to slide the rail (rod) back into the case, it doesn't need to come completely out. When you slide the rail back, be careful of the poppet ball and spring shooting out. Lay a rag over the hole to keep from losing them.

If for some reason the rail does need to come out of the case completely, you have to split the tractor to get it all the way out. (again, I don't think you need to do this just to re-weld the fork)

goldencub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01770
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby goldencub » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Cape - there's a thread a little further down you might find apropriate. Scroll down the forum page to the thread titled "Gearbox Question". dated Jan 14. Good luck, and keep your eye on the ball!! Al D
Maud - 1947 Cub #4364
Everything's better with Golden Retrievers, an old Ford V8 and a Cub!

capecodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capecodcub » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Golden, I just saw that!! Too funny about timing. Guess I am good to go, I will keep my eye on the "Ball"!!
David Svarczkopf