This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

St. Louis toy show

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

St. Louis toy show

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

Not sure if I should put this here, off topic, or collectibles, so move if needed please.

Saw an advertisement for a large toy show on tv this morning,and they had a brief collage of some of the toys, one of which caught my eye even though it was only on the screen a few seconds. It appeared to be a very detailed cub with vertical exhaust and no hydraulics. Not sure about date, but was in the next week or two. Having trouble loading website,but it is toytractorshow.com. which is part of the Gateway Mid America Toy show Feb6 -Feb8.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: St. Louis toy show

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:37 am

John, I found the Cub. After you go to the website you have to click on Gatewway and then Aumann auctions. Tractors scroll across the top. The Cub has a Spec Cast front end, no TC like you said, but little paint detail.

Bob

Edit: From Rudi's post on model, it looks like it might be a Ruehl, although his picture shows black seat and headlights.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:12 pm

At our planning meeting in Sedalia this past Saturday, someone mentioned the Toy Show in St. Louis. We were wanting the 2015 Red Power Round Up flyers done by then so we could pass them out. I believe several IHCC Chapter #1 members were also planning to be at the show.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the picture Bob, I just got a quick glimpse, the entire ad on tv was only about 15 seconds, and the pictures less than that. I agree, it looks like a Ruehl to me also.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 pm

I just ordered a toy cub tractor that's similar to mine. With the white four bar grille. I hope to collect them all.

For all your toy tractor needs here's a honey hole I found,

http://www.bossenimp.com they have everything you guys are looking for.

They also have backhoe, brushogs and batting brushogs attachments too. Plus others.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 am

Did you guys checkout this site for the cub tractors newer and older models? There in the farmall section. Look at everything on this site there are hidden gems all over the place. Click on the implements, other implements, farmall and international. Look at everything.
There are cheap backhoe and rear blade attachments too.
I ordered a bunch of stuff($250) don't tell my misses. They have a farmall 200 tractor with implements there die cast backhoe.
In a kit or set. I notice we save $$ buying the kit if we need the tractor it's cheaper to purchase the kit rather than one tractor even on sleezebay too.

How often do you take these toys out of the box and play with them?
Be honest? Lol hey I do it.

I have a box of dinky toys I had from the late 50's. These were diecast quality toys before matchbox toys were offered. Check them out on eBay. The early prewar army tanks had real metal link chain for the threads. I bought more for my 4yo grandson. They have working forklifts, army 5 ton wrecker, different cranes. All crank by hand with hooks and lift forks on the forklift. These have lasted for over 50years for me++. I've had many hours of fun with them as a kid and now with my grandson.

I'm a big kid at heart. My son came over with his dirt bike. I can hardley walk and can't start it. He started it and i did a wheelie down the street. The old horse farmer came over and called me a big kid.
He drives horses and I rode a steel horse. It was a few minutes of fame being on the saddle again. I haven't been on a bike in 13++ years. Funny the adrenaline kicked in and some of the pain went away

God bless, Bill

Get those toy tractors now..
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:45 am

Bob McCarty wrote:John, I found the Cub. After you go to the website you have to click on Gatewway and then Aumann auctions. Tractors scroll across the top. The Cub has a Spec Cast front end, no TC like you said, but little paint detail.

Bob

Edit: From Rudi's post on model, it looks like it might be a Ruehl, although his picture shows black seat and headlights.

That's a 1947 cub? No hydraulics?

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Ok guys educate me? Is the tractor toy collecting brand and size oriented? Is the site I posted not good or ok? Some tractors aren't toys there die cast for collectors.
There are other tractors for kids to play with there plastic.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:36 pm

The answer to your question depends on the individual. Some like specific brands and sizes, and some like all different one. Some of the die cast ones are meant to be played with, and some were sold as collectibles. Some of the plastic ones such as the Reuhl are highly collectible. They were originally sold or given to people buying cubs and came as kits that snapped together, and could be taken apart. They are fairly rare complete and in good condition. My memory is not too good, but I seem to remember one selling on Ebay, still in the unopened package, never assembled for around $700 or maybe more.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am

BigBill wrote:That's a 1947 cub? No hydraulics?

Early 1947 Cubs were sold w/o hydraulics. Production of the hydraulic units had not caught up to tractor production. The mounting bolt holes were there nonetheless for the future unit.

See the picture at the Wisconsin Historical Society: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Content ... :All,Dxp:3
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:05 pm

I just received the stuff I ordered from the sight I listed above. The fcub tractor I ordered is a fcub series ertl in the box being NIB I think?
The bat wing and brushogs are metal the $59 brushogs. There are plastic backhoe which I received too they mount on the rear of the later international tractors with the vertical dovetail or vee plate. It's all brand new stuff in there original boxes. I collect anything I'm not fussy the grandson likes it all.

I also have ordered every farmall DVD they have too. I just watched the 1940's video lots of stuff on the fcub in between farming to tips and more ih equipment. Don't turn it off till the very end it goes on and on. They put many shows on one DVD when one ends another begins. We get more than our money's worth. It's too much farming info for my 4yo grandson but when he gets older he will enjoy it. But I'll try letting him watch it. It's good for me doing surface drainage work.

Billl

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Just watched the 1930's farmall DVD.
AWESOME another great DVD on the history. Again lots of info on the f12, f14, f20, c, a, h, m. Lots of farmall development in the 30's.

I hope I don't bore anyone. I'm just impressed about the history and education that farmall supplied with there tractors. These dvds are so affordable. I'm into history too.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:04 pm

The 1940's DVD has the best cub info.