This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electric Cub conversion....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Doodle
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47923
Tractors Owned: International, Case IH
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Electric Cub conversion....

Postby Doodle » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 am

I have a golf cart with a motor like they are using. It was a play thing to see just what an electric motor of that size could do. I used it to tow machinery around the barnyard consisting of gravity wagon with 9000 lbs of grain, 30 foot grain head on carrier and the like. It was only limited to traction. They produce a lot of torque and power but a battery charge last only a fraction of using a standard golf cart motor.
I have not used it in years because the batteries are costly to keep up with. If someone wants to play with a Cub I would sell what I have because I think it would make a neat project. Not so much for the green but just to see what could be done. If you are somewhat close to me, I would throw a little funding and time into the project.