This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Never thought I would be unhappy to have lots of gasoline.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Re: Never thought I would be unhappy to have lots of gasolin

Postby Into Tractors » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Barnyard wrote:Diesel was $3.59 this morning. I didn't buy any yet. I should be good until next week. Maybe it will drop by then.

You and me both Bill,,,,Wife is starting to egg me on into trading in the Super-Duty and downsize to a 1/2 ton with a gas engine, since I'm not farming the in-laws farm any longer. Considering it, but I know I'll be so mad once I let go of the Ford.
Mike Duncan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Temps got up to around 50 today so I pumped the gas into a couple of empty kerosene cans and pulled the hood. Leak was at the top of the upper hose, so I installed my pony tank and warmed it up good, then tightened the clamps at both ends of the hose. I decided to let it cool while I filled the wood room, and discovered the battery is shot in my loader. That makes 2 batteries I need now. I'll switch the one from my mower/plow rig to the loader, since I won't need the mower or plow for 3 or 4 months at least. Once all of that was done I put the snowplow rig back together, and refueled it. Might be just in time with them predicting snow for this area.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Whether high or low turnover, don't buy just after a tanker drop. I imagine that sturs everything up.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Postby offrink » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:57 pm

It definitely does. Wait a minimium of 30 minutes. There is water and sediment. The tank and pump filters are suppose to clean them. Ever frequent a station that has one pump faster or slower? It has to do with the pumps filter condition. If it's slow then don't go to that pump. Very dirty filter.

Return to “Farmall Cub”