This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Never thought I would be unhappy to have lots of gasoline.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Never thought I would be unhappy to have lots of gasoline.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:54 pm

All of my tractors, vehicles, and gas cans are full, which is a rare happening, and today when I walked by my snow plow rig I noticed a small puddle of coolant under the front. Following the trail back up it appears that it is either from the top radiator hose or the radiator neck, neither one of which I can get to without removing the hood, and I have nothing to empty the tank into. In my younger days I would have just lifted it off, but now I guess I will have to wait till I get a can empty or use my engine hoist to lift the hood.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Never thought I would be unhappy to have lots of gasolin

Postby Eugene » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Probably take two trips. Put stored gasoline into the pickup and wife's car. Then you will have two empty 5 gallon gas cans.

Price of gasoline is now less expensive than weeks ago, probably a money saving option.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:03 pm

And I thought this was going to be about what you paid per gallon for all that gas versus what it is now. OOOPPPSSSIIIEEE maybe you hadn't thought of that. :shock:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Eugene wrote:Probably take two trips. Put stored gasoline into the pickup and wife's car. Then you will have two empty 5 gallon gas cans.

Price of gasoline is now less expensive than weeks ago, probably a money saving option.
We just filled the cars also. Though I might be able to pour some of it in the H tank. Haven't checked it lately.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:42 am

If you have to have a problem I guess this would be the kind to have! Around here gas is as low as it has been in several years so now would be the time to consider buying another 5 gallon gas can. Surely you can find room for a couple of gallons in another vehicle.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:47 am

Now if only diesel will start to drop like gas.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:18 am

We live in a rural area, and since they rebuilt the power lines our failures are rare, but the last major one we had lasted 6 days and the closest gasoline was 70 miles away due to the large area covered. As a result I have 10 five gallon cans and always keep at least 5 of them full. Last week due to the low prices I filled the last of them. I always put Sta-Bil in the cans when I fill them, and they are normally emptied at least twice a year, or if doing a lot, 3 times a year. While down in the shed late yesterday I did notice I had a couple of kerosene cans I no longer use that I will use for temporary storage while I have the tank off. I will tag the cans appropriately, but since I no longer have any thing that burns kerosene the chances of them being mistaken for actually containing kerosene is pretty slim.

I keep a couple of these on hand for emptying or filling tanks. They will pump down to approx 1/4 inch of the bottom of fuel. and sure beat holding up a can if you have a bad back.
they even sell them with an automatic shutoff that will stop them once the tank gets full, but those cause a lot of trouble, so I prefer the ones with out the shutoff. The AA batteries last a couple years for my use.

http://www.amazon.com/TeraPump-TRHA01-B ... er+pump+aa

torchred89
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20164
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall cub

Postby torchred89 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:35 am

Barnyard wrote:Now if only diesel will start to drop like gas.

I saw diesel last week for $3.25 a Gal. So I filled the tank in my Chevy Duramax truck. Ten miles down the road water in fuel came on. About broke my fingers trying to get that water sensor off. Drained water out. Ten miles came on again drained again. I had to siphon the fuel out and used the pump on top of filter to get the rest out. Then put 5 gal back in and changed filter. I learned my lesson I only buy diesel where they have a big turnover :(

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Diesel has dropped here to $ 299.9 which is quite an improvement from the $ 3.99.9 of about six months ago .

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Diesel was $3.59 this morning. I didn't buy any yet. I should be good until next week. Maybe it will drop by then.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:17 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:We live in a rural area, and since they rebuilt the power lines our failures are rare, but the last major one we had lasted 6 days and the closest gasoline was 70 miles away due to the large area covered. As a result I have 10 five gallon cans and always keep at least 5 of them full. Last week due to the low prices I filled the last of them. I always put Sta-Bil in the cans when I fill them, and they are normally emptied at least twice a year, or if doing a lot, 3 times a year. While down in the shed late yesterday I did notice I had a couple of kerosene cans I no longer use that I will use for temporary storage while I have the tank off. I will tag the cans appropriately, but since I no longer have any thing that burns kerosene the chances of them being mistaken for actually containing kerosene is pretty slim.

I keep a couple of these on hand for emptying or filling tanks. They will pump down to approx 1/4 inch of the bottom of fuel. and sure beat holding up a can if you have a bad back.
they even sell them with an automatic shutoff that will stop them once the tank gets full, but those cause a lot of trouble, so I prefer the ones with out the shutoff. The AA batteries last a couple years for my use.

http://www.amazon.com/TeraPump-TRHA01-B ... er+pump+aa

I use this clear hose with this weird little brass fitting with a marble inside of it. It acts like a one way stop. You stick the brass end into the tank you're gonna siphon from and shake it up and down. It pulls a little bit of gas into the hose after every shake because the marble stops it from going back out. Eventually you get enough into the hose to cause a siphoning effect. Its wicked neat
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 am

Barnyard wrote:Now if only diesel will start to drop like gas.

torchred89 wrote:I saw diesel last week for $3.25 a Gal

I'm waiting/hoping for kerosene to come down. It's still around 4 bucks + sales tax!
I have a torpedo heater I use in my shop and it burns much cleaner (less odor)and seems warmer with kerosene than diesel or heating oil.
Any thoughts/opinions on fuel to use in a torpedo heater?
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 am

Barnyard wrote:Diesel was $3.59 this morning. I didn't buy any yet. I should be good until next week. Maybe it will drop by then.

Still glad I don't have to feed a diesel in my truck. Gas this morning was down to $2.21. :{_}: Hope it stays down at least through DSCF.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 am

Barnyard wrote:Diesel was $3.59 this morning. I didn't buy any yet. I should be good until next week. Maybe it will drop by then.

Diesel is $3.38 at the station just down the road from us. $3.45 at most other stations around us.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Smokey, try the low sulfur highway diesel. I used it till my old 40+ year old heater finally gave up, and could not tell the difference in the low sulfur and kerosene as to smell, smoke, etc.

Return to “Farmall Cub”