This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snow Plow Wings

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Snow Plow Wings

Postby ricky racer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Smokeycub wrote:Well Ricky, I think it's great idea. I would use a set of angled "wings" as opposed to boxed off ends.
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote: Getting the angle shouldn't be too hard, set the blade to the angle you plan to use it, and make the wing to be parallel to the line of travel of the wheels.
...or at least close to it. That way the rearward wing would be no worse than perpendicular to the line of travel when angled and snow should easily roll off. You could scoop the snow to some degree as well when not angled. I'm making a set of angled wings for a Meyers 7 1/2' plow that will (hopefully) be easy to remove and look nicer than the ones Meyers sell.

We'll want to see pictures when you are done.... :wink:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Not for nothing, but in my experience any wings or extensions only let you get a little further down the driveway before the snow builds up enough that it starts dribbling off the leading edge. It's a pay me now or pay me later situation...

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Not for nothing, but in my experience any wings or extensions only let you get a little further down the driveway before the snow builds up enough that it starts dribbling off the leading edge. It's a pay me now or pay me later situation...

Unless you use a hydrophobic coating on the plow like I (and others probably) do.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Not for nothing, but in my experience any wings or extensions only let you get a little further down the driveway before the snow builds up enough that it starts dribbling off the leading edge. It's a pay me now or pay me later situation...
I guess how far you get depends on the depth of the snow either way. If it's a couple inches you'll get several feet down the driveway, if it's several feet you'll get a couple inches farther down the driveway :lol:

havoc1482 wrote:....Unless you use a hydrophobic coating on the plow like I (and others probably) do.
You give your snow plow a rabies shot? :shock: :lol:

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Scrivet wrote:
I guess how far you get depends on the depth of the snow either way. If it's a couple inches you'll get several feet down the driveway, if it's several feet you'll get a couple inches farther down the driveway :lol:

havoc1482 wrote:....Unless you use a hydrophobic coating on the plow like I (and others probably) do.
You give your snow plow a rabies shot? :shock: :lol:

Uhm 'Hydro' = Water. '-phobic, Phobia' = fear. Fear of water -> doesn't interact with water -> water repellent.

I don't understand the joke here.

Edit: Oh I get it, because animals with rabies have an inherent fear of water.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Anybody that saw the movie "Old Yeller" should get that reference. :D Hydrophobia is the old timers name for rabies.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

That's my biggest concern, a lot of work fabricating for not much gain. But...there is only one way to find out. I was hoping that someone here had done the work, not that I'm lazy. Well, okay maybe I am lazy but I am so good at it. :lol:

As I am typing this I'm listening to the weather on the local news and our area has a winter storm warning posted through Friday morning.... :roll:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:56 pm

Rick,

As creative as you are, I'm sure that you will come up with something for wings. However, for my money, you are way ahead of the game with your hydraulic angle blade. Bigger payoff on the hydraulic angle than the wings.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scrivet » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 pm

ricky racer wrote:.....That's my biggest concern, a lot of work fabricating for not much gain. But...there is only one way to find out. I was hoping that someone here had done the work, not that I'm lazy. Well, okay maybe I am lazy but I am so good at it. :lol:

As I am typing this I'm listening to the weather on the local news and our area has a winter storm warning posted through Friday morning.... :roll:
If you are REAL LAZY then not only would you not try the wings but you would stop listening to the forecast as well! :wink: :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”