This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Upper & Lower Thrust Washers for Steering Wheel Shaft

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Upper & Lower Thrust Washers for Steering Wheel Shaft

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 am

Would anyone happen to know the specs of the Upper & Lower Thrust Washers for the Steering Wheel shaft (the shaft the steering wheel attaches to, not the worm wheel shaft). There are 2 washers that go on either side of the worm that goes into the casting. I realize you can purchase them through Case/IH and was about to call to get a price when I order the gaskets for the steering box, but I thought I would ask to see if there was another (cheaper) source for them like you guys had posted about the steering bushings.

If anyone knows the specs (or knows the exact aftermarket part from McMaster Carr, Bronzebushings.com, etc. ) that would be awesome!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

PoconoCub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18330
Tractors Owned: .
1957 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub
1949 Farmall Cub
1948 Farmall Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Upper & Lower Thrust Washers for Steering Wheel Shaft

Postby PoconoCub » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:11 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:Would anyone happen to know the specs of the Upper & Lower Thrust Washers for the Steering Wheel shaft (the shaft the steering wheel attaches to, not the worm wheel shaft). There are 2 washers that go on either side of the worm that goes into the casting. I realize you can purchase them through Case/IH and was about to call to get a price when I order the gaskets for the steering box, but I thought I would ask to see if there was another (cheaper) source for them like you guys had posted about the steering bushings.

If anyone knows the specs (or knows the exact aftermarket part from McMaster Carr, Bronzebushings.com, etc. ) that would be awesome!

I removed the thrust Washers from a steering worm gear and measured them as follows:

Steering worm gear Thrust Washers
Upper Inner=0.0937 Outer=1.3750 Width=0.2500 or Inner=15/16 Outer=1 3/8 Width=1/4
Lower Inner=0.6250 Outer=1.1250 Width=0.2500 or Inner=5/8 Outer=1 1/8 Width=1/4

Scott
Scott
ImageCircle of Safety

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Thank you so much!! Your response is just what I am looking for. The pictures are awesome too! Much more effective to see than just plain text. I sure do like that fancy digital caliper with the fraction readout. I'm having caliper envy compared to my dial type I just bought.

Note: I had to "zoom" my browser window out in order to see the entire image he posted. With my browser set at 100% zoom the right side of the image was cut off, but when you zoom it out to around 60% or so, the entire image can be seen/read.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

PoconoCub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18330
Tractors Owned: .
1957 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub
1949 Farmall Cub
1948 Farmall Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby PoconoCub » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:23 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:Thank you so much!! Your response is just what I am looking for. The pictures are awesome too! Much more effective to see than just plain text. I sure do like that fancy digital caliper with the fraction readout. I'm having caliper envy compared to my dial type I just bought.

Note: I had to "zoom" my browser window out in order to see the entire image he posted. With my browser set at 100% zoom the right side of the image was cut off, but when you zoom it out to around 60% or so, the entire image can be seen/read.

Picked it up at Harbor Freight on sale for 9.99 http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-Digital-Caliper-with-Metric-and-SAE-Fractional-Readings-68304.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTExMDgwNzQiLCJza3UiOiI2ODMwNCIsImlzIjoiOS45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiI4NDI5In0%3D%0D%0A

As for the pics, not sure whats going on there they are fine here at 100% you can also click on them to bring up a popup window.

Scott
Scott
ImageCircle of Safety