This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Torque tube

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Poncho
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55906
Circle of Safety: Y

Torque tube

Postby Poncho » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 pm

My starter has been hasselling me for a while. When I removed it I found all kinds of gunk in there. Can I spray a degreaser in there and open clutch inspection plate and let it run out or any better ideas. Thanks
1950 Demonstrator Cub
Woods 59 Mower
Cub 54A Blade
Cub 22 Sickle Mower
Model 100 McCormick spreader

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Torque tube

Postby Scrivet » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Inside the torque tube is usually pretty nasty from the grease from the TOB, clutch disk dust, leaking engine and transmission oil, and who knows what else. If it's only "gunk" I wouldn't be concerned about it until you have the tractor split at the bellhousing sometime in the future. I don't like the idea of spraying cleaners/degreasers around the clutch or the TOB. Give it a good cleaning when it's easy to get to while it's split. If the gunk is in semi circle thin fiberous pieces then you'll be doing a split to change the clutch soon and you can clean it then.

Return to “Farmall Cub”