This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch-control and leather boots?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jere
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch-control and leather boots?

Postby Jere » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:06 pm

I am in the process of fixing a leak in the touch-control hydraulics and I noticed that the protective “boots” on the outside of the connecting rod and control valve is made of leather. The design seems to be to keep the dust and dirt out of the hydraulic system and still allow movement. The service manual shows them made of rubber. Are they all made of rubber or are some leather? Maybe someone made due and rigged this setup on my tractor. Is there any place where I can buy rubber boots for the touch-control? Leather seems like a very poor design for keeping dust out, no wonder it leaks oil. They were tied tight with wire on the ends to made a seal.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:24 pm

You can order them fro your local dealer, but the ones they send now for the cub are a rubber one that just fits over the knuckle not the entire thing as the original did. To get an original leather one like the original order one for a Super A, part # 351754R3
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:13 pm

:D Based on John's earlier advice I bought the one for the super A. It covers the whole shaft and a piece of thin wire, like on the original, will hold it securely to the collar on the block. Doubt if any dirt will get through.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Return to “Farmall Cub”