This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just my luck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

Just my luck

Postby Dave in Md » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:29 pm

I was really hopeing to get to painting last weekend or early this week, but no such luck. I pushed the Cub outside, soaked er down good with oven cleaner, let it do it's thing for about 25 minutes and then hit it with the pressure washer. The 50 years of accumulated grease/oil/dirt that is on the final drives, torque tube, and bell housing DIDN'T BUDGE! That pressure washer is rated at 2600psi. The first cleaning I gave the Cub was with a washer rated at 1000psi so I wasn't too surprised when all the crud didn't come off. But with a more powerful one??? If I could figure out the exact makeup of the stuff caked on there I could sell it as a protective coating!
I broke out the wire wheel, the wire brush, and some scrapers. Three days later and I'm just about done... I think.
While I was getting a work out cleaning up the Cub my father-in-law was getting some seat time in by mowing the pasture field beside our house. He'll be 82 this month and I can just about keep up with him when it comes to physical labor. (I'm mid 40's and as my Dr told me a few weeks ago, a picture of health). He's not driving a Cub. It's not even a Farmall, but it's Red (in places) so I hope the forum police don't throw it out. He's a great gentleman, has taught me alot, and helps with the Cub some.
Dave

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:35 pm

That looks like one contented feller! Sure beats scrapin' crud off a tractor!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:18 pm

Decent looking MF. Your father in law looks like he's in good shape, especially at 82! Have fun with the Grime scraping!

Return to “Farmall Cub”