This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Remote control snow blade.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alan Gee
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 169174

Remote control snow blade.

Postby Alan Gee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:27 pm

My tractor has the original plow blade set up that requires you to dismount , pull the clevis pin , push the blade to the angle you want re-install the pin and get back up on the seat every time you need to change blade angle. I have searched the web for a six volt hydrolic pump to try and lash up a system to do it from the drivers seat but can not find a motor/pump assy that runs on 6 volts. The closest thing I found was a special built item that was about $500 bucks ,,way to expensive for my blood.
Anyone out there ever try to do it or even a lever system that is just hand powered ? I even thought of going to the auto scrap yard and getting a steering box off an older non-power steering car and lash that up but it would end up a complicated system of U joints to allow the blade to raise and lower.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Remote control snow blade.

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Here's a link to a "manual remote" system to angle the blade that Dave Winfield came up with: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76419&p=613494&hilit=snow+plow#p613494
I think if you search the "how to" forum you'll find several that run off the Cub's hydraulic system. Parts, cylinder, and control valve add up quickly.

Bob

Edit: Here's a link to the C B of K: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=57962
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Remote control snow blade.

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:53 pm

A number of us have made our blades hydraulically adjustable. No need to "lash up" anything. Rather easy to do it correctly. What you need to do is add a by-pass block, a Pressure Relief Valve, a used Cub Cadet Cessna Eaton Valve, some hose and a hydraulic cylinder and voila .. you have an adjustable blade from the seat.

Here is a pic of my Ellie a 48 Cub 6 volt with a hydraulically actuated blade.

I got lucky . the by-pass plate was from a close friend, the cylinder cost me ifn I remember correctly about 50 or 60 bucks, PRV was about the same, hose was around 50 bucks and the valve I got off of e-Bay and it cost me less than 20 bucks. So a little time learning .. and you can have what you want and the satisfaction of building it yourself. I can search the archives to see what it actually cost but it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $250.00 or so.

Search here for Cessna Eaton Valves, Pressure Relief Valves etc., and you will find a number of threads that refer to building such a critter along with a few other interesting items. :-)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”