This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic lever stops

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry Miller
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61275

Hydraulic lever stops

Postby Larry Miller » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:12 am

I don't know how to get a post in the tip of the week section so will put it here. Those stops are kind of pricy so I use the brass locks they use on carpenter squares to make repeat lines or angles on boards. Not sure what they are called but cost about $3 bucks and easy to move and set.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Hydraulic lever stops

Postby Scrivet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:13 pm

There's not a formal "Tip of the week" process. To get a tip in the "tip of the week" you just post it here in the regular forum as you have done. When several members read it and think it's a good tip and merits tip of the week status, a moderator will move it to that thread. It's not even a real "tip of the week" more like "tip of when ever someone has a good/helpful/neat idea" (tip of the week sounds better :D ).

Your idea for the carpenter's square stair gauges as a replacement for the hydraulic stops get's a thumb (screw) up :wink: :roll: from me. Not orignal but would do the job, easily obtained, and less expensive. The only major drawback I see is if it comes loose it's probably gone. My opinion would be it's an excellent temporary fix while waiting on a replacement for a lost thumbscrew.

Return to “Farmall Cub”