This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

4-H Cub....will not start, good spark, timing???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motornutz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48032

4-H Cub....will not start, good spark, timing???

Postby motornutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello again, frustrated Cub guy here...I posted earlier about the timing marks and I corrected it. I took the gears out and lined them up like the pic suggested. Buttoned her up and nothing. I had no spark, my mag had a bad coil. Now my mag is newly rebuilt (took to a reputable shop) and she still wont go. I have new plugs and have spark to them. When I installed the mag, the slot was in the proper position, the rotor which was also replaced and timed was pointed to the number 1 plug followed by 3 , 4 and then 2. I have a new 6 volt battery and rewired according to a diagram I found on here. My carb leaks at the bowl gasket and out the throat, when I crank her for a while the plugs don't even get wet. I tried starting fluid and it made no difference. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out and did look pretty clean. Im at my wits end and its due to go to fair next weekend. Anyone have any ideas?

p.s. when I installed the mag it was after the impulse had tripped, I also tried rotating the mag back and forth (adjust timing) and it made no difference. Please Help. :lost: :lost: :lost: :help:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 4-H Cub....will not start, good spark, timing???

Postby Eugene » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Question. 180 degrees out of time?
I have an excuse. CRS.

motornutz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48032

Re: 4-H Cub....will not start, good spark, timing???

Postby motornutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 pm

the rotor is pointed up to #1, is it still possible. TDC on 1 both valves closed and the pulley mark is on the pointer. Can I reposition the mag to compensate :idea:

Return to “Farmall Cub”