This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

how do you guys clean your mowers after mowing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Radec Aksarben
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 68736
Tractors Owned: '48 Farmall Cub w/ IH-Danco C2 belly mower, full cultivator
'52 Farmall Cub w/ 193 plow, 28-A disk, flail mower, buzz saw, leveling blade,
misc cultivator parts and attachments
1450 Cub Cadet with mower deck (sold)
'49 Farmall M w/ factory disk brakes (not super style)
'51 International I-9 - rusty yellow (sold but in family)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: how do you guys clean your mowers after mowing

Postby Radec Aksarben » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:59 pm

I mow really wet weedy stuff at Mom and Dad's with the cub. I usually end up with a crud layer about an inch thick under the deck. The well pump they have is fairly powerful so spraying the mower off top and bottom is very simple and effective if done before the goo dries. I also have to clean the residue and leaf bits off hood and fenders. I have a really hard time cleaning the front wheels very well and I've recently noticed that the high acidity is really taking its toll on my front tire (and rear for that matter) walls.

My walk-behind mower at my house in town has the hose hookup. In my experience, that only works when there wasn't much to clean to begin with. I just give that little thing a few scrapes with my pliers. It's a throw-away anyhow.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”