This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control question???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CraigKennedy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28430

Touch Control question???

Postby CraigKennedy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Can somebody please tell me, If the cylinder is all the way out, Is the control valve suppose to be all the way in or out? :lost:

Reason being; I recently rebuild the TC on my cub, I thought I had everything right, when I went to attach the control rod from the TC lever, I had a time getting it lined up. when I finally did I crank the tractor up, the control valve went all the way in, with the piston, the bottom linkage(between the control valve and piston) got binded against the top of the bell housing, and in return it bent the piss out of the control rod(lever rod) :shock: .

BTW TC unit 360719R1

If anyone can post any pics of their TC units it would be appreciated, or any advice of what is wrong will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch Control question???

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

go to Rudi's manuals and select( blue ribbon service manuals) then find touch control and that will give you the info you need
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 am

Check the HOW TO section under BOARD INDEX above. There is a great one on the TC rebuild with photos. Since you already rebuilt it, maybe you can go through the photos and see where you might have done something wrong. Good luck!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:34 am

Whenever the TC cylinder stops moving, the control valve should be CENTERED.

How it works is both the TC cylinder and the control lever are connected to the control valve. You move the control lever, which pushes the valve in or out. The TC cylinder moves in the corresponding direction, and as it does, it pushes the valve back towards center.

Something must be put together incorrectly. It should not be difficult to line anything up.

Return to “Farmall Cub”