This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Installing PTO belt

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
marshall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01012
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub

Installing PTO belt

Postby marshall » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 am

Hi: The PTO belt to my sickle bar came off yesterday when the sickle bar got hooked up in the ground while backing up.

How do you get it back on? Do you put the belt on one of the wheels (the big one on bottom or little one on top) and then use force (levers and such) to stretch the belt and get it
back on the other wheel? Or do you remove a wheel (looks like the upper wheel has a cotter pin and bolt that I remove to get it off) and then put the belt on the two wheels and then put
the wheel back on (which I anticipate to become tricky with the belt pulling it so that its hard to get the wheel back on its spindle).

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Installing PTO belt

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

Loosen the belt tightener, install the belt first over the small pulley then the larger, retension the belt. Never force a belt over a pulley. The belt is adjusted with nuts A and B in the illustration below. There may be a second bolt that goes front to back in the tensioner that needs to be loose for it to move.

Return to “Farmall Cub”