This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 22 pulley alignment fix

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub 22 pulley alignment fix

Postby Smokeycub » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 am

Here's a fix I came up with for when the original Cub 22 drive pulley is worn out and the reversed double groove pulley idea won't work because your PTO shaft is worn. It's not a solution for the purist Cubber but for those that want to mow it works well.
mower alignment 4.jpg
mower alignment 4.jpg (90.53 KiB) Viewed 168 times

As you can see I had to lose the belt guard. I moved the rear bracket to the front set of drawbar holes. The mower driveshaft housing is a heavy wall tubing so having the support away from the end is not a problem. The belt tensioner is still fully functional.

mower alignment.jpg
mower alignment.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 168 times

I welded extensions on the front of the hangers. The front edge of the original hanger is where the edge of the bolt needs to be. A plus of this is if you want to put it back onto the original slots you can.

mower alignment 2.jpg
mower alignment 2.jpg (114.59 KiB) Viewed 168 times

The alignment of the mower bar is perfect as well as the chain lift. The drag bar can be adjusted as needed.

mower alignment 6.jpg
mower alignment 6.jpg (97.18 KiB) Viewed 168 times

...and as a bonus you can still use you draw bar which will protect the lower pulley. Mine has been beat up pretty badly, it wouldn't have if the drawbar was there. :coffee:
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!