This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just got back from the OEM auction

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
schmibm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Just got back from the OEM auction

Postby schmibm » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:19 pm

I just got home from the OEM Tractor Parts auction. It was a bitter/sweet day. Quite a bit of small parts as the sale bill showed. They sold whole shelve units at a time. It was really the only way to get through everything in decent time. Most of the large machine tools brought between $250-$1000. Majority in the lower range. Kind of a shame. Much of the gauge stuff was split up. From what I could tell, pretty much one guy that was an independent bought it all. He didn't get the arbor press and dies to crimp the bezel on though. Stuff was in large lots. Like parts to make 1600 lights at a time. $200-$500 each. Cases of light lenses, clamps, shells, reflectors, etc. All I got was a new K&M seat for a A or B. Half of retail. Wish they had more.... Sold several early Cub grills all at once. I wanted one but not 10. $200. Cheap each.

Anyway, we can only hope that the individuals there pick up in the areas Dale left off. As he was one of very few US based companies producing quality restoration parts for IH tractors. Like I say, it was a bitter/sweet day....
1949 Project Cub
1955 Cub Lo-Boy "Jack"
1957 Cub Lo-Boy "Mac"
1957 Cub with 5' Woods Belly Mower "James"
24 other Farmalls A thru SMTA.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Just got back from the OEM auction

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:06 pm

I know this occured 3 years ago, but does anyone know who bought the majority of the parts and the tooling to make parts? I wish someone would start making sheetmetal and grilles again. If not, maybe they'd sell the equipment to do so. Sounds like it went too cheap. I'm sad we missed the auction!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:41 pm

I have a battery box from them, well made too.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 am

Back when they were in operation I looked over their site, liked the prices and quality. I had a list made in my head of what I needed/wanted that I had to buy when I could.
Never did and I’m kicking myself for not grabbing it then. That mistake has repeated itself a few times. :roll:
Watching American Pickers they often quote themselves saying “the time to buy something is when you see it”.
I agree.
Mike
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 pm

agreed
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”