This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

vintage of my C3 mower??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

vintage of my C3 mower??

Postby ad356 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

i was just wondering, when was danco producing these for IH? i just wondered about how old it is? which was first on the market the danco or the woods?? i know the mowers were an afterthought and not something that was introduced when these tractors where first put on the market in the 1940's.

jeeze i just had a funny thought, i think my cub is made up of recycled b17, p51s, Sherman tanks, aircraft carriers, and recycled battleships..... makes me kind of sad, lol. think about it, it probably is.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Re: vintage of my C3 mower??

Postby smallfarm » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:56 am

Interesting question. I had always assumed that a reasonably full assortment of implements were available from the beginning of production.

Perhaps those on the forum who know can create a list of when the various Farmall and after market implements were in production.

Recycled WWII equipment in a cub -- not highly probable. Cubs were made when there was still new steel being made in this country and that would be a superior quality to all but the best recycled steel today. A lab takes a sample from the melted junk and makes a quick analysis of what's "cooking in the pot", then a few bags of this and that are thrown in to get the alloy to an acceptable range.
It is an interesting thought though as there is a poem about Model T Fords being melted into bombs and ships. Perhaps that is why I like both of them so much.
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby pickerandsinger » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:58 am

I have 2 C-3's, One is a Danco, the others says International on it…..There both the same….It is my understanding Danco made the C-3's for IH…I do not know the order of which one came first Woods or Danco..I would suspect Danco ( IH) but one of the historians out there probably will chime in.….Dave
In Memory of 58,286

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tst » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 am

early dancos came red, then later ones were white, early mowers had a small guard over the outer pulleys and the late type has guards that covered all the pulleys

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Postby ad356 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 pm

well my mower is red, i dont believe it was ever white and i have 2 smaller guards covering the outer pullies so im guessing this mower is probably from the late 50's early 1960's??? that would mean its what 50 years old??? that's insane that it has held up as well as it has and still is in fairly good shape. some pitting but not rotted and NO holes. think of all of the mowers it has outlasted or perhaps how many tractors it has been underneath. i have a feeling that no modern deck commercial or not is going to last that long

Return to “Farmall Cub”