This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1948 cub clutch problem.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
fredthecoonkiller1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24910

1948 cub clutch problem.

Postby fredthecoonkiller1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:49 pm

When I try to put my cub in gear it just makes a really loud grinding sound, I think I need to adjust the clutch but have no idea how to. Any help?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1948 cub clutch problem.

Postby Hengy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi fredthecookkiller. Is this a recent problem? There could be several things that are going on here. What year cub is it? There is a difference in the clutch adjustment procedure for early cubs versus late cubs. You should also check your throwout bearing to make sure that it hasn't worn down if there was a sudden change in the way the clutch acts. Good idea to lube the bearing while you are in there.

Procedure for adjusting the clutch can be found in the "manuals" section of the the forum. Look above this page where it says "Rudi's Manuals" or "PDF Manuals" for the owners manual that most closely matches the year of your cub.

Good luck, and feel free to post questions here!!

Mike
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Return to “Farmall Cub”