This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

slight knock

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

slight knock

Postby ad356 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm

my cub seems to have devloped a very slight knock when its cold, when it gets to operating temperature it completely goes away. is this something to be concerned about. it gets good oil pressure. this tractor always has ran well and has been very reliable. this year has been ALLOT of mowing, sometimes twice a week. we have not any lack of rain this year. anyways is this something to be concerned about? can you replace bearings without removing the engine, i know it wouldn't be a full rebuild. how do i know when its time to overhaul the engine? it has been using very little oil. i run SAE 30W oil in the summer and thinner oil in the winter

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: slight knock

Postby Trent M » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Have you checked the level of the hydraulic fluid in the Touch Control block? I've heard knocking due to low level of oil in there.
Trent McPeak

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Re: slight knock

Postby ad356 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

no i have not. i will check the hydraulic oil level, but i have not observed any hydraulic leaks either.

Return to “Farmall Cub”