This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Installing new Radiator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Installing new Radiator

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 pm

havoc1482 wrote:For me at least, I don't know why you'd think having it there is a big potential for disaster. Its directly over the axle, and below the light, not a spot that is going to catch brush from underneath. I've had it on there for 6 months.
This is the Cub forum and doing this on a Cub will have it front and center and hanging low. That is the potential for disaster I refer to. I have said repeatedly that if you want to do that to your A that's fine with me, I don't have a problem with it. I also don't have a problem with you painting YOUR tractor zebra stripes, or putting orange wheels on it, or smacking the gas tank with a ball peen hammer. It's YOUR tractor. My concern is someone reading this and doing it to a Cub not thinking about what could happen in the very exposed position it would be on a Cub.

havoc1482 wrote:Also some folks (around here at least) still use water. Its not a matter of how often I drain my radiator, its a matter of if I ever had to for some reason I wouldn't be looking for a large bucket or pale to fit all of the coolant in.
How does using a ball valve change the size of, or if you even need, a bucket to drain the radiator? In my opinion, using plain water is even more of a reason to just use the pipe plug. Who cares if it gets every where when you pull the plug, It'll dry.

havoc1482 wrote:Not everyone has a shop convenient with all sorts of drain pans and tools. Some folks just gotta do whats good for them.
I don't understand what having a shop, or not, has to do with the need for a ball valve.

havoc1482 wrote:It doesn't hurt to show others what they have done and let them decide for themselves.
EXACTLY! And an opposing viewpoint doesn't make either person right or wrong! It gives everyone more facts to make up their own mind.