This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Moving front axle

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in WNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14005

Moving front axle

Postby Larry in WNY » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:38 am

I have a hydraulic cylinder and wanted to use it to move my axles out to clean old rust and paint. After designing the mounting brackets I discovered the cylinder didn't have enough stroke so the extension bar was added. Power came from my wood splitter. One side moved immediately and after bolting to the last hole on that side, the 2nd side moved. I had 1 open hole on each side to start with. It was more work than I expected but worked like I hoped it would. Everything tried to rotate so the flat piece along the bar was added along with angle pieces along the tube for each bracket.

The center section around the pivot pin was welded at some point and the angle piece added. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with why it is so hard to move these in or out. Once the rust is cleaned up I'll know if this old repair is a problem.
Larry
Attachments
Cub Front Axle.jpg
Cub Front Axle.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 295 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Moving front axle

Postby danovercash » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 pm

No substitute for the correct tool for the job! That's similar to the way Mr. GW did his. If you are down this way, I have one you can do.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”