This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Touch Control Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge

Postby Dale Finch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 am

I have been procrastinating on troubleshooting my touch Control, mostly because I don't have the pressure gauge that is required for the procedure in the manual. Anyone have a source? Looks like max Pressure of about 1500psi and need adapter, etc. Or does anyone near me have one i can borrow?

If anyone wants to help with or learn from this procedure, i would be happy for the assistance/company! Hydraulic Minifest!!!! :{_}:
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Worksmart
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub
'64 Int'l Cub
'66 Int'l Cub
'76 Int'l Cub
'53 Farmall Super A
'03 Kubota BX22
‘19 Kubota L6060

Re: Touch Control Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge

Postby Worksmart » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Worksmart not hard!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Touch Control Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Dale:

Harbor Freight will have what you need at a reasonable charge. This is what I did ..

Re: hydraulic pressure guage

Rudi wrote:Billy Ray:

Yup :!: Did that a couple months ago during the phase where I had to install a Pressure Relief Valve for my splitter project. It is here in the Building a Cub Mounted Wood Splitter - Part 5 thread. Not sure what that will do for you... aside from finding out just what your TC develops. I know that Tom at TM Tractor had a pressure gauge he used to check the TC with.

The one I made cost me around $15.00 including the Glycerin Filled Gauge, hose and the 1/8" NPT fitting. My local Princess Auto had the gauge and fitting as well as custom made the hose for me. Oh yeah, I have one made up that I can use on my other Cubs.

Here is what you need to make one:

Valley Instrument Grade A Stem Mount 2 1/2in. Glycerin Filled Gauge — 0-3000 PSI

90 degree Elbow

1/4" x 36" 100R2 Cpld. 1/4"MNPT Hydraulic Hose Assembly

this hose is just an example. With this one you would need a gender changer as the ends on this hose are male and the end on the gauge is male. Or order a hose with a female NPT connector.

It gets complicated unless you have a Princess or similar close by. I haven't found any prefabricated test kits online yet.

The jpg's are busted as they changed but the links show the newer jpgs...

Hope this helps
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”