This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle Mower Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 62258

Sickle Mower Cub

Postby Geezer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello again, well I have been around and do not see an application for the sickle in the pics below for my 1960 cub. Close but not bang on, I am sure I am missing some parts or maybe this is for a low boy. I have touch control and I see this sickle mower has a handlift, not sure why dad would have that when he had hydraulics, maybe its for another feature. I have found the pulley for the PTO so we are OK there. I seen on you-tube a rectangle piece under the front end of the cub that a long bar connects from the mower. I do not see those pieces anywhere in dads stuff, so I may have to fabricate some. Does anyone know if this will fit my cub? I do want to use the lift control, any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks
Attachments
sickle4.jpg
sickle4.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
sickle3.jpg
sickle3.jpg (67.17 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
sickle1.jpg
sickle1.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
sickle2.jpg
sickle2.jpg (62.22 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sickle Mower Cub

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Here's a couple of links to TM Tractor pictures to help you identify what you have and what might be missing. You can also download the manual which has drawings and assembly instructions. Your's isn't for a LoBoy.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim/cub22_001.htm
http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim/22com_001.htm

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Geezer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:56 pm

those pics help, I will study them now. thanks, I would like to get this operation if possible.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:05 pm

The hand lift that you picture and speak of is the depth control lever for a Cub-193 moldboard plow.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:12 pm

That hand lift is a depth adjuster for a cub 193 moldboard plow. Not for use with the sickle mower
As far as I can tell, you have a complete sickle mower ready to mow. You say you have the pulley. If you have a belt, I'd say its ready to hook up. That mower actually has some things that are usually missing, such as the belt guard. You'll have to break it down some to hook to tractor. Link Bob gave you should get you going :-)

Edit: I see Don beat me to it. We must've posted so close together, it didn't even let me know there had been a reply. Quick, Don! :-)
Last edited by tmays on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Geezer wrote:.... I have touch control and I see this sickle mower has a handlift, not sure why dad would have that when he had hydraulics, maybe its for another feature. ..........
When you're saying "handlift" are you referring to the lever that moved locations between picture #1 and #3? If so, that is the depth control lever and dogbone for a moldboard plow and isn't used with the sickle.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:34 pm

At second look, maybe the bracket for mounting to final drive is missing? I'm not sure, couldn't tell looking at the pic
Thomas

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 pm

That is for a regular cub, do not see the support rod, drive pulley or hold up rod, the bracket for the final drive looks to be there right behind the big pulley

Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Geezer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Yes Sir, I see from the manuals I am missing several parts that probably cannot be found but appear I could fabricate them. Not all that easy but doable. I have the drive pulley for the PTO, but not the support rods in the front nor the piece that connects to the front of the tractor. I will look again to confirm if I have the bracket for the rear mount, if not that is easily made. Thanks to all for commenting on the manual lift lever, cant recall dad ever having a moldplow but maybe he did and I missed it while being away. I will keep digging and do a better inventory in the AM. I have Dads M as well, but this little cub is a nice tractor for around the place. Dad plowed snow with it several years, thanks a ton to all, if anyone has any more ideas I am all ears and plenty grateful......
tst wrote:That is for a regular cub, do not see the support rod, drive pulley or hold up rod, the bracket for the final drive looks to be there right behind the big pulley

Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Geezer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:46 am

Well how about these pics??????? Yup, the bar was hanging in the barn and yes there is a bracket on the rear pulley that bolts to the rear left hand side. I was thinking of a bracket that extends vertical not horizontal. I am still a little confused about the lift handle because in the manual it refers to one (shows a pic) that bolts to the left of the driver, anyway we will press as we are. So many thanks for all the comments and pics. Next week the front blade comes off and hardware (after many as installed pics), on with the mower.....after a good looking over and plenty of grease/lubrication. Progress report next week, thanks again, Butch
Attachments
sickle6.jpg
sickle6.jpg (51.87 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
sickle5.jpg
sickle5.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am

Geezer wrote:I am still a little confused about the lift handle because in the manual it refers to one (shows a pic) that bolts to the left of the driver,

The lift you refer to is needed only if you do not have hydraulics otherwise, hydraulics will do the lifting.

The handle in your pix is, as stated, a 193 depth control and will not work with a sickle mower in any way.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Geezer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Well I will just enjoy my lunch and put the notion bout the lift handle to rest. QUESTION: I assume if the wooden arm needs replaced that would be done locally with a piece of hardwood, maybe oak? Thanks
The lift you refer to is needed only if you do not have hydraulics otherwise, hydraulics will do the lifting.

The handle in your pix is, as stated, a 193 depth control and will not work with a sickle mower in any way.[/quote]

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Sounds like you're good to go. Don't throw that depth control lever away. If you can't find the plow, it's worth $100 to someone who has a plow but not lever.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Geezer wrote: I assume if the wooden arm needs replaced that would be done locally with a piece of hardwood, maybe oak?

Oak or ash would be good. You can also find them at TSC, but you need to take your old one to match it. Case IH dealers can also get the right one.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Geezer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Geezer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Nope, wont throw her away, would rather find a plow. Thanks
Geezer wrote:Well I will just enjoy my lunch and put the notion bout the lift handle to rest. QUESTION: I assume if the wooden arm needs replaced that would be done locally with a piece of hardwood, maybe oak? Thanks

The handle in your pix is, as stated, a 193 depth control and will not work with a sickle mower in any way.
[/quote]

Return to “Farmall Cub”