This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rocky Mountain Flailer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Re: Rocky Mountain Flailer

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Well, thank you all for the compliments. :D I am very lucky to have found this old place 20 yr ago and living here has been challenging and fulfilling. You see it does not really rain here but it frequently pours down at the rate of one to three inches per hour. That washes away most the bermuda grass seed and fertilizer, but slowing it is getting covered. The seasonal stream that runs through rages several times every summer. Then the ground squirrels and gophers are constantly digging things up :headbang

The flail mower, landscape rake and L38 disc harrow have gotten lots of good use over the years. When i got this place is was all rocks, rocks and lots of rocks. covered by good black dirt. Took years just to get the rocks removed and the runoff directed properly away from my house. All work has been done with my Cubs. Many set backs, but slowly it is getting to where I imagined it could be. 8)

The Cub I am using now is a great running redone '57. She has done me a good job but will be retired this year. Will be rolling out "Big Dog", my '59 this fall. She is undergoing a complete restoration now and is nearly finished.

I thank all of you for helping me to keep my Cubs running and operating smoothly. They are such great little machines. Require a little more maintenance than many are able or want to do, but pay back is always big.

I currently have six Cubs, but will he parting with two or three soon. Anyone interested in a Nice Cub can contact me.

I have not posted in a while because I've begun collecting Triumph TR250's, another passion. Maintaining and restoring the little cars has been another great calling. The 2500cc, 6 cylinders run beautifully, sound great, and go like the wind..fun cars to drive and pretty simple for an old man to take care of. The predecessor to the TR250, the TR4, had a four cylinder engine which was very similar to the C60 Cub engine.

I joined a British Car forum on line a few years back, but opted out after several less than polite or constuctive posts and comments. These folks are not like Cubbers. very big egos, enough said :evil: This forum is still the best.

Thanks again to all of you.

Time to get out there and do the cut and roll while the ground is still a little moist...Will be drying out for a few days before more beautiful rain. :big smile:

"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Nice collection of Triumphs Mike. You cant find them here in Indiana looking like that. Most of them around here suffer from major rust issues.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Mike,

I really like your pictures. Makes me wish I had never left that part of the world.

As for your Cub, could you please tell me about the turf tires you have on the front of the Cub.

Thanks.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 am

Mike, we have sure missed you around here! Take care, Ken
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:00 am

Steve, old friend, thanks, hope you are well. Still remember Farmer's and plowing with your Cub :thanx: A good week end.

Bill those tires are 6-12 Bridgestones.

Again, if anyone is interested in a nice '49 Cub high clear, like new, let me know. I will be at Cubarama and could bring it. Other Cubs for sale listed below my name on the right side of the post.

Have good and safe summer.

:sunning:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Return to “Farmall Cub”