This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Just to add to the dangers of the Cub Sawyer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Re: Just to add to the dangers of the Cub Sawyer

Postby offrink » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 am

Much better set up!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:04 pm

I have been using a cub brookfield buzzsaw for many years to cut slab wood. I have done it by myself for the most part. Years ago I widened the table. two years ago I figured out how to myke the rear rockshaft do the work of tilting the table for me.. I agree it is a dangrous outfit. Have to keep your eyes on everything.
But since I have my saw table actuated by the hydraulics it is much much safer and easier job.I did take pictures 2 years ago when I finally was able to get the speed of the table correct. I also took a video. but Ill will have to find them on my PC . I will post when I do.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:59 pm

If you need a lot of firewood, this is how you really get it done! www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rOMchR6g2k
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 pm

that sure is the way to go. Would be the ticket if a persone was selling fire wood.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:44 pm

I believe that one is faster than the Bobcat one (woodspliter).
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

TomE
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28698
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 TO35

Postby TomE » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 pm

All those things look like they have death and dismemberment written all over them.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Personally I would love to have a Cub Sawyer. Mostly for demo's at shows. The Cub Sawyer is probably as safe as almost any of that era that are tractor mounted. I would have no issues using it but then again I have been cutting on a saw table for decades so I is used to it. However there is no way I would want to cut my winter wood on it .. I would be tuckered out in an very short time. Safety is almost second nature - you have to have your wits about you at all times.

My bride and our kids - all 5 of them are trained on our saw table. It is essentially the same idea .. I do use an independant Sno-King on it but eventually it will get to be Cub Powered like it really should be. When the blade is sharp there is nothing quite like the zing at that blade goes through either some pine, spruce, birch, maple or some Albert County Rock Maple . now that is hard wood :-)

TomE wrote:All those things look like they have death and dismemberment written all over them.

Only in the hands of someone who does not know how to use them. Like any tool you must learn how to use them properly and safely.

smallfarm wrote:If you need a lot of firewood, this is how you really get it done!

Now that is serious overkill.

Oh .. just an update. Ray has my splitter mounted on the Massey Ferguson 1040. Splits like you wouldn't believe .. hasn't found anything that will stop it and moves lickety split. Course the Massey has a much higher GPM than the Cubs Touch Control .. but hey .. I ain't so fast anymore so it is perfectly quick enough for me. I get it back in a couple weeks just in time to get some splitting done for my winter wood.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”