This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C-144 Cultivator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

C-144 Cultivator

Postby BIGHOSS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:27 pm

OK, I am swallowing my pride and am going to ask for help. :help: :help: :help:

I removed one cultivator eight years ago. That is the only experience I have to help installing one back on a cub. I have been wrestling with this jigsaw puzzle for about two hours. I am quitting to eat supper.

I have a manual and have been looking a pics on TM's website. Is there a preferred logical sequence for hanging the parts on the tractor? In my past life, I was an industrial/manufacturing engineer. I did quite a lot of writing "work instructions". Connect part A to part B. We also showed the orientation of the part (flange up, big round hole down etc).

What I am looking for is a step by step method. By the way, is the large crank shaped part symmetrical? Does it matter which end goes front or rear?

Any help would be appreciated.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: C-144 Cultivator

Postby tmays » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Ron, if you were closer I could lend a hand and get it together without looking at manual. Trying to tell you on here might be an experience. Do you have parts manual?

Edit: found it. This should clear it up for you
Thomas

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: C-144 Cultivator

Postby tmays » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Much easier to install with toolbars removed on the universal mounting frame. Slide the left side in first. Go ahead and tighten set bolts in bolster to hold that one in place. Then remove pin that holds parts 10&11 together on the right side. This makes it easier to clear the steering shaft. Place right side on and tighten set bolts. Put pin you removed back in. Attach pressure spring rods to frame. Grab frame on one side where toolbar mounts and lift. That will allow you to connect pressure rod to rockshaft easily. Pretty much does it for the front. Back is a lot easier. Hope this helps.
Thomas

Return to “Farmall Cub”