This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Circle of Safety

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
UK-Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: LA9
Circle of Safety: Y

Circle of Safety

Postby UK-Cub » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Dear Cub owners, before this topic gets moved may I plead with you to take the 'Circle of Safety' test.

I took the test yesterday and after a number of incorrect answers finally hit the 100% pass score.

And why do I think this is important?

Well I could not believe certain of my answers were wrong, only two of the thirty, and I feel better, much better, for now knowing what the right answers are.

Maybe the knowledge will save me, my loved ones and friends being injured, or worse.

Go on, take the test!
David

1956 Lister D stationary engine
1957 French Cub
2012 Land Rover Defender 110 double cab pick up

Every day is a school day

"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" Confucius

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Circle of Safety

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 pm

David, That's excellent advice. For those who haven't taken the test yet, it is in the "Safety Forum".

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am

Also would be good for those who have successfully passed the test to go back and give it a try again as a refresher!! Never can be "too safe"...
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:06 pm

UK-Cub wrote:Dear Cub owners, before this topic gets moved may I plead with you to take the 'Circle of Safety' test.

I took the test yesterday and after a number of incorrect answers finally hit the 100% pass score.

And why do I think this is important?

Well I could not believe certain of my answers were wrong, only two of the thirty, and I feel better, much better, for now knowing what the right answers are.

Maybe the knowledge will save me, my loved ones and friends being injured, or worse.

Go on, take the test!

Thank You! Since your post, we have had 8 (including yourself) members pass the Circle of Safety Test. You have made a positive impact on member safety awareness.

Sincerely,
Dennis

TomE
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28698
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 TO35

Postby TomE » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:54 pm

I took it yesterday and missed two, but not sure which ones or wrong or how to check.

Wagon19
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24352
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub "Jersey"
Ferguson TO 20
1952 Cub "Jenny"
1951 Cub. "Wilkes"
2014 Kubota L3200 HST

Postby Wagon19 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 pm

UK-Cub, after reading your post I went to the safety section and took the Circle of Safety test. First try was 29 out of 30.
It took a while to find the wrong answer, but finally made it to 30 out of 30.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Might save my life some day.
Thanks,

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Postby offrink » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:46 pm

I can't figure out what answer I got wrong. I switched answers for over an hour and I couldn't get 30. Maybe someone could help me which one I got wrong.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 pm

First try I got 27 out of 30, then I went back and skimmed through, eliminated ones I knew to be correct and passed!
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Postby offrink » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:25 pm

That's my problem. I believe all the answers I have is correct. Read all 3 pieces of literature and still can't find where I was wrong. I may just give up and only be safe 96.....% of the time.

UK-Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: LA9

Postby UK-Cub » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:29 am

Hello Offrink,

I know how you feel, as I said in my opener, I too couldn't get them all correct and normally, as at school a 40% pass rate would be applied. This is real life (or worse!) though and only 100% will do.

I put the iPad asside and went out to consider my answers but when I got back the screen was locked and on logging on again some new questions appeared, same result only 28-9 out of thirty right.

I racked my brains again, then went through he answers, cheating you might say, by substituting the answers until I finally got 100% but then, and this is crucial, looked at the correct answers and considered why they were right and I had been wrong.

One question was to the reason for drawbar height and on reflection I can understand the counter intuitive answer is correct and my gut feeling was wrong. I need remount my drawbar which is currently forward facing, I had planned to do it 'my way' but will now do it the correct way, and understand the reason why.

So please don't give up, frustrated as you must be.

David
David

1956 Lister D stationary engine
1957 French Cub
2012 Land Rover Defender 110 double cab pick up

Every day is a school day

"Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" Confucius

ericofmaine
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04093
Tractors Owned: 1948 F Cub

Postby ericofmaine » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:09 am

I can concur. I got tripped up on the "start only from the driver's seat" question as I have to hand crank my cub. I thought, "How do I do that from the driver's seat?" Then I realized the test was meant for more modern equipment and 30 out of 30 it was!

Eric
Circle of Safety
1948 F Cub purchased new by my great Grandfather, then passed to my dad, my grandfather, and now to me.
Sickle bar mower that nearly took my toe off as a kid.
Plow that is complete overkill for the garden but I use it anyways!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 am

Friend works at his Dad's lumberyard/tool rental business. Saw him in a hurry one day load a small tack hoe on a trailer and take off on the 5 mile trip to tow without tying it down. He is a good kid, and a great neighbor, and I did a lot of debating about what if anything to say, and finally I decided to talk to his dad, who was also a classmate of mine some 45 years ago. I mentioned it to his Dad, and he stated the kid (about 30), but a kid to both of us, almost lost the track hoe right in front of the store, and they already had a talk about that. I stated, "In that case, there is no reason fro me to say anything more." "Nope", he replied, "it is covered".
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”