This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Rebuild Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
summerfi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 59808
Tractors Owned: 1955 IH Cub Lo-Boy w/L-22 sickle mower.
My other toys: Hinomoto N209 tractor/backhoe, 1940 and 1941 Chevy pickups, Norwood LM2000 sawmill, PJ 16' trailer.
Circle of Safety: Y

Touch Control Rebuild Question

Postby summerfi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm rebuilding the TC hydraulic block on my cub, and I'm at the point in the service manual where it says remove the relief valve. However, it doesn't say HOW to remove the relief valve. It looks like you just back off the hex nut where the arrow is pointing in the picture below. I've tried that, and it is really stuck. Before I break something, I thought I'd better ask here. Thanks for your help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Re: Touch Control Rebuild Question

Postby redfin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:34 pm

It unscrews as you described. :D

meadowcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby meadowcub » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Ahh....... I remember having the same question as mine was seriously tight as well. Ultimately it will back off, but it is a bit scary at the time.

Have faith!

summerfi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 59808
Tractors Owned: 1955 IH Cub Lo-Boy w/L-22 sickle mower.
My other toys: Hinomoto N209 tractor/backhoe, 1940 and 1941 Chevy pickups, Norwood LM2000 sawmill, PJ 16' trailer.

Postby summerfi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks guys. I put it in the vise and applied a little more torque, and it came out just as it should. It's always nice when things go right.

Return to “Farmall Cub”