This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle Mowing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sickle Mowing

Postby Super A » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:38 pm

I usually run about 1/3 throttle. My mower is worn out enough that much faster and it really vibrates. I think a quick ground speed helps the cut material fall straight back and clear the bar better.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Re: Sickle Mowing

Postby DickB » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Riveting the ledger plate onto the outer shoe, done once poorly when the shoe was attached to the sickle bar, was better today. With a nice outer shoe arrived from Boss Hog, it was a matter of cutting rivets to size, forcing a 1/4" steel plate (part of a cut off from an angle iron) into the slot to hold the rivets tight and a C-clamp to keep it all together. Peening into the tight spots a bit of a challenge--used punches, double hammers, chunk of steel.

ledger-outer shoe rivets.JPG
ledger-outer shoe rivets.JPG (471.79 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Return to “Farmall Cub”