This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator leak

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
floodwoodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55025

Radiator leak

Postby floodwoodcub » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:27 pm

So, still on my first year with the cub. It is up north, so don't get to visit as much as I would like. I have noticed that it has some type of hole in the radiator system toward the top left side as you would sit on the machine. It is not a lot of coolant loss, probably not even a cup per several hours working time. I monitor of course and top it off after cooling down. 1-I am not going to replace it before using again, or several times. 2-I do not have access to a brazer or welder. So my question is, should I keep the monitoring/filling procedure, or has anyone used a stop type leak with any success, or would the stop leak cause issues with the pump or other items making it not worth the risk? Thanks for any suggestion with this. Mike..

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Radiator leak

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Water level should be just below the baffle at the top of the radiator, just above the fins. It might just be burping out the excess to reach the proper level. There is no pump on a Cub.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

floodwoodcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55025

Re: Radiator leak

Postby floodwoodcub » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Hmm. I will have to check that out. I can see the leak when it is cold yet, so thought it must be a hole.