Pull Bar Differences

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Did IH change the hole size on the fast hitch pull bar at some point? I have two that have different size holes (3/4" and 1 1/4"). Also, the one with the larger hole has a longer groove on the back than the other (4 3/4" vs 6 1/4") I know the hole may have been drilled bigger but since the groove was also different I wondered if it was changed somewhere along the line. The part numbers are the same on both.

hitches.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Pull Bar Differences

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:59 am

From the lack of "meat" around the larger hole, my guess was it was drilled out by a PO.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 am

Denny Clayton wrote:From the lack of "meat" around the larger hole, my guess was it was drilled out by a PO.

That's what I thought too Denny, but the difference in the longer groove had me wondering if there was a reason.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am

It could be just a change in specs or supplier or perhaps for a 140 since they are interchangeable.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 am

I have had practically no experience with fast hitches, but I also was wondering if the longer/ wider hole might be for Super A/140 rather than cub.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:but I also was wondering if the longer/ wider hole might be for Super A/140 rather than cub.

But then it would have a different part number to differentiate between them.

Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:34 pm

I can't imagine that these would be cast one at a time. Several patterns would need to be made so several could be cast at once. Two different people interpreting the same drawing would come up with two distinctly different patterns. Holes and overall size would be the same, but the cavity in the bottom would be left to interpretation by the individual artist.

My guess is that the difference is due to differences in the patterns.