Re: Removing Wheel Weights

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Someone posted here not long ago about putting the weight on the floor then attaching the tire to it (I think I got that right). I did not do that. I do know from having done this by muscle not long ago they are awkward to handle....not much to hold on to. It took me, my 23 year son, and some 2x4's, and muscle to get them on. And I nicked my newly painted rim. Maybe someone else can find the post about laying them on the floor and putting the tire on the weight. If sounded like a good idea. Maybe this for naught...maybe you are done already. If so I hope it went ok.

Duh!!!! I spent too much time in the sun today. You are taking them off not on. I guess it works in reverse too.

Re: Removing Wheel Weights

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm

ReTractor wrote:Someone posted here not long ago about putting the weight on the floor then attaching the tire to it (I think I got that right). I did not do that. I do know from having done this by muscle not long ago they are awkward to handle....not much to hold on to. It took me, my 23 year son, and some 2x4's, and muscle to get them on. And I nicked my newly painted rim. Maybe someone else can find the post about laying them on the floor and putting the tire on the weight. If sounded like a good idea. Maybe this for naught...maybe you are done already. If so I hope it went ok.

Duh!!!! I spent too much time in the sun today. You are taking them off not on. I guess it works in reverse too.

I was one of those who mentioned that method previously. But since the tires are also loaded with fluid I didn't suggest it this time. Too much to handle for this old guy. :wink: