This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing Wheel Weights

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ReTractor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06437
Tractors Owned: 1956 lo-boy

Re: Removing Wheel Weights

Postby ReTractor » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Someone posted here not long ago about putting the weight on the floor then attaching the tire to it (I think I got that right). I did not do that. I do know from having done this by muscle not long ago they are awkward to handle....not much to hold on to. It took me, my 23 year son, and some 2x4's, and muscle to get them on. And I nicked my newly painted rim. Maybe someone else can find the post about laying them on the floor and putting the tire on the weight. If sounded like a good idea. Maybe this for naught...maybe you are done already. If so I hope it went ok.

Duh!!!! I spent too much time in the sun today. You are taking them off not on. I guess it works in reverse too.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing Wheel Weights

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm

ReTractor wrote:Someone posted here not long ago about putting the weight on the floor then attaching the tire to it (I think I got that right). I did not do that. I do know from having done this by muscle not long ago they are awkward to handle....not much to hold on to. It took me, my 23 year son, and some 2x4's, and muscle to get them on. And I nicked my newly painted rim. Maybe someone else can find the post about laying them on the floor and putting the tire on the weight. If sounded like a good idea. Maybe this for naught...maybe you are done already. If so I hope it went ok.

Duh!!!! I spent too much time in the sun today. You are taking them off not on. I guess it works in reverse too.

I was one of those who mentioned that method previously. But since the tires are also loaded with fluid I didn't suggest it this time. Too much to handle for this old guy. :wink:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”