This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hitachi wiring diagram.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Hitachi wiring diagram.

Postby Harold R » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm in need of a diagram to use this alternator that came on my '69. I don't want to stir up the Hitachi/Delco debate....as I have tractors using both. (Just not wired like this) My '69 is already set up for the hitaci so I'm just going to continue with it. It did charge.....but the battery would drain after a couple of days, and the v/r....or what ever the external unit(Transpo) is...would stay warm to the touch, even with the switch off. So, I'm going to run new wiring and am open to suggestions. The tractor has a keyed switch with a push button starter and an ammeter. Here's the back of the alternator.......the orange lead was not connected.......there was one wire connected from the stud and ran to one side of the ammeter. I "think" 14105 is the model number for the alt. but there's no markings.....so anybody's guess on that. Thanks for any imput.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Hitachi wiring diagram.

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:07 pm

The Hitachi 14105 alternator uses an external regulator. Not sure as to whether the unit pictured near the alternator is a regulator.
Interestingly, Hitachi also offers nails for a pneumatic nailer by the same number.

http://www.armatureserviceco.com/ShowIt ... NATOR.aspx
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Farmall Cub”